Sandwich Smarter: Legal Forms for Families

Financial Power of Attorney for Young Adult



Once your child is 18, parents can’t help with finances or taxes unless you have contractual permissions.  

Before you bring your teen or young adult to college this fall, purchase this bundle of forms to make sure you have the access you need to help your child make the transition and, to be able to be their advocate in case of emergency.

This bundle is also included in our Off to College Power of Attorney Bundle which includes these forms that grant you access to assist with their medical needs:

Upgrade to the Off to College POA Bundle Here

Like all our products, you get an editable Word document with instructions and commentary to allow you to enter your family’s information and customize the form to your needs. Your download is available immediately after purchase.


Our attorney founder insists on disclaimers. You should know that communication of information by, in, to or through this purchase and your receipt or use of this template: (1) is not provided in the course of and does not create or constitute an attorney-client relationship; (2) is not intended as a solicitation; (3) is not intended to convey or constitute legal advice.

This template is a starting point. It may not be appropriate to your individual circumstances or in your jurisdiction. For personalized advice, you should engage an attorney. Sandwich Smarter and its affiliates do not guarantee, and are not liable for, the validity or enforceability of these forms across all jurisdictions.